Re: Form and function -Reply

From: KEN MANSFIELD (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 1996 - 15:44:45 EDT

>>> <TeamGTZ@aol.com> 07/22/96 11:01pm >>>

" Make any sense? Sorry, I'm probably rambling again.........."

+++++++++++++++++++++

I think you stated your opinion consisely and appropriately.

I did not intend to impune when I listed certain types of
customization as undesirable. They were used as examples and I
meant to demonstrate that I would not spend my money doing
them to my vehicle (possessive, aren't I?).

And I do happen to think that trucks are for hauling wood and
pulling trailers and things (horses, boats, motorcycles, RV's, other
people's broken down cars, etc.). To do that, they need big
engines and HD trannies and such. I like that.

And, remember, it wasn't too many years ago that being seen
driving a truck labeled you as a blue-collar worker.

And, although I watch with truck races with interest, I still think it
is a little absurd. Of course, we men race anything with wheels or
wings or feet, so I watch 'till the end. And I rejoice with the
winner.

So, if you (the collective you) want to make your truck, car, boat,
airplane, tricycle look better, go faster, get there quicker, sound
louder, or be capable of yanking a skier's arm out, more power to
you. The more we spend on aftermarket parts, the better the
parts (and vehicles) become.

(Whew! Am I redeemed?)

klm