I'm having a problem with my automatic trans

From: LWayneC@concentric.net
Date: Sun Jul 28 1996 - 21:12:24 EDT

I'm having a problem with my automatic trans, but everytime I take it to
the dealer they say that all the codes are good and they can't duplicate
the problem. When first started in the morning, it sometimes acts like a
standard that has a slipping clutch and I hear a kind of roar from the
engine. Sometimes its more noticable than others. A couple months ago,
the truck was not driven for almost a week and when I finally started it
up and put it in gear, it wouldn't even move. The revs were up to about
2500. It started to creep forward after a couple seconds and by the time
I'd driven a block it was O.K. I just had it to the dealer 'cause the
drivers side electric window was acting up, complained about the trans
again and even told them about the Converter Drainback Valve mentioned in
the Shop Manual (even gave them Chapter and Page#). It's susposed to
prevent fluid from draining out of the Torque Converter over a period of
time. I got the same answer ... codes O.K. - can't duplicate.
        Has anyone else had a similar problem? Have you gotten it fixed
and what was the fix?

Thanks,
   Wayne

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)