Re: Tech. Serv. Bulletins

From: Phil McClay (Phil_McClay@qmgateib.mitre.org)
Date: Mon Jul 29 1996 - 20:15:01 EDT

         Reply to: RE>Tech. Serv. Bulletins

you can buy the TSB book direct from Chrysler -- same phone number as the shop
manual -- it is listed in your owner's manual. The book covers all TSBs for
all Chrysler Corp. vehicles issued during that calendar year. I bought the
1994 edition; someday I'd like to contribute the Dakota related TSBs to the
Dakota web page, if only I ever get enough spare time to type them in.

The TSB book makes for interesting reading, but I doubt that you find anything
you want to convince your dealer to correct. And it is not a list of secret
warrany items -- some fixes YOU pay for in their entirety. Also, some cures
are worse than the problem. For example, the TSB on the smelly air
conditioner requires the dealer monkey to dismantle nearly all of your dash
and spray it down with toxic cleaner (I'm sure he's gonna assemble it just
like the factory, using all the screws; yeah, right). The better fix is as
suggested here on the Dakota mailing list; just run the fan with the A/C off
for a couple of minutes to dry the condenser as you arrive at your
destination.

Phil McClay
mcclay@mitre.org

Date: 7/29/96 17:12
From: SUTER_CHUCK@Tandem.COM

Hello everyone,

I have a '94 4x2 Dakota with a 5.2 v8 engine and the towing package. Can
anyone offer any advice on how to find detailed information on the TSBs that
are available for my truck?

Thanks,

Chuck