Re: Tweeter location

From: Doran Burton (doranb@sprynet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 1996 - 18:45:38 EDT

carl.nybro@natinst.com wrote:

> I have a 93' LE Club Cab. Trying to find a good
> spot to mount some tweeters. Currently trying the
> A-pillars but clearance seems small and the plastic
> trim is a bear to remove since it's all one piece.
> Anyone done this before? And what brand tweeters
> did you use? Where did you mount them?
>
> Thanks.
> (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
> (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
> /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
> / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
> * ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
> ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
> Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)

I have a standard cab and have mounted some tweeters to the door pillar,
directly behind/beside my head, above the seatbelt bolts. I used some
Alpine tweeters that I got at a stereo tent sale for about $40. They
are the kind that you splice into the existing speaker wire. I haven't
upgraded my rear speakers and could hardley hear them, mainly because I
have a 6 1/2" Bazooka tube pointed directly at them, I just wanted to
get a little more clarity, some high notes, if you will. They work well
there, but can get a little too high at times. I am thinking of
upgrading the front speakers with seperates also. I would put the
tweeters either on the A-pillar or flush mount aimable ones in the top
of the door panel toward the front of the door. There should be enough
clearance there, but I have ripped the door off to be sure.

db
94 3.9L V-6 5spd Sport