Re: Rear End Clunk

From: Robert Allen (boballen@sky.net)
Date: Fri Aug 16 1996 - 19:46:30 EDT

RICHARD_GAMBINO@VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

> I have some questions/comments that maybe you folks could help me with. First, my Dakota info:
> 1996 V-8 auto 4X4 3.55SG club cab SLT, presently with 10K miles, ordered new & received 11/95. I *LOVE* this truck.
>
> Has anyone installed the MP computer in an automatic? I was wondering if it alters the shift pattern and if it revs beyond redline. I heard it raises the cut
>
> Sorry for being so lengthy.
>
> Rich

Hi Rich,

I also have a '96 made 11/95 and don't count on hop-up stuff just yet.
The OBD-II emmission czars don't allow the change. I have a brand new
Gibson exhaust on my garage floor right now and I don't yet know what
to do about the second Ox sensor after the cat. Discouraging!

Bob, Kansas City, '96 V8 Sport auto 2WD SWB