RE: 88 Dakota, 2.2 L, Need Holley 6520 Carb

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 1996 - 08:47:15 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; GJBG42A@prodigy.com@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Fri, Aug 23, 1996 8:53 AM
Subject: RE: 88 Dakota, 2.2 L, Need Holley 6520 Carb

Kregg,

Wow! I would have guessed that you would have had the single point EFI every
other 2.2 had by 88.

Have you looked at older (85 or earlier) carberated CC cars in junk yards? I
would venture a guess that you would have much better luck locating an Omni
or K-Car with a carb than a Dakota.

Have you considered getting a rebuild kit and doing it yourself? The kits
are cheap enough and maybe you will be lucking and be in the 20% group that
is satisfied.

If you are real ambitious how about stripping an EFI system off a 2.2 and
installing it? 87 or newer use the SMEC design so everthing is under the
hood.

Dave Clement
__