RE: Average mileage

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Sat Aug 24 1996 - 13:33:56 EDT

To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET; griffitg@ix.netcom.com@INTERNET
From: Clement_D on Sat, Aug 24, 1996 1:42 PM
Subject: RE: Average mileage

From: griffitg@ix.netcom.com@INTERNET on Sat, Aug 24, 1996 12:10 AM

>I recently purchased a 1992 Dodge Dakota w/66K miles and was wondering how
many >miles I should expect this truck to hold up. Last week I had the
trans. >rebuilt and next week I have to replace the on-board computer that
controls the >trans.. After all of this, I hope I don't have to put much
more money into this >truck.

>What are your experiences with the Dakota. If you have a '90-'93, please
reply >and tell me how many miles you currently have and any major work you
had done >before you got as many miles.

Gerald,

My Dakota is outside your years of interest (89) but I figured I give you my
experiences. I currently have 201,000 miles on my 89 4x4 LE Short Bed Auto.

The tranny started acting up around 60k miles and was finally replaced at
CC's expense at 90k miles. My friend, that I purchased the truck from, made
alot of noise before they covered the replacement. Other than that there has
only been the minor repairs for worn out parts. The outer CV's were replaced
around 195k miles because they were starting to get noisey during turns in
4wd. The engine is tight runs great and uses no oil. The body, paint and
interior are still in excellent condition.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE