RE: '96 Emissions

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Sun Aug 25 1996 - 00:22:39 EDT

I understand that the OBD-II vehicles run cleaner than previous models and
may do so for longer, but in NJ for instance it's my understanding that
most cars and trucks over 3 yrs old won't be able to pass the new test and
are therefore unable to be registered. What's really neat is that, also
hearsay, if you can't register the vehicle it's illegal to own it and the
state can seize it. If these are the facts then the new car dealers in NJ
and the manufacturers will be happier than a fox on a gutwagon.

Clean air's great, but the new emissions tests are just a bit overboard.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE