Chromed Steel Wheels

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 1996 - 15:03:58 EDT

From: Clement_D on Fri, Aug 30, 1996 3:05 PM
Subject: Chromed Steel Wheels

I have not had much success cleanig up the aluminum wheels that came as OEM
on my 89 Dakota 4x4 and was thinking of getting a set of Chromed Steel
Wheels.

I have seen quite a variation in prices on these wheels and was wondering
what the concensous opinion was on; American Racing, Superior & Weld Racing
wheels.

Also, if anyone has any good hints (painting, polishing, etc) on how to make
factory alumium wheels look good again that would be appreciated. I have
removed all the clear coat (actually what was left) and have tried to polish
with aluminum polish and a scotchbrite wheel but the wheels still remain
discolored.

Dave Clement