Re: "Radio fade"

From: tims@Synopsys.COM
Date: Tue Sep 03 1996 - 13:39:22 EDT

** On 9/3/96 12:00 AM, Jon N. Steiger writes: **

>From: stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu (Jon N. Steiger)
>To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu
>Subject: Radio "fade"?
>

> I've got the "plain jane" AM/FM cassette in my '96 Club Cab SLT. (i.e.
>not the infinity system)
>
> When I'm listening to the radio (FM stations mostly), the sound on the
>right hand side will kind of drop off. It is still there, and if I listen
>long enough, it almost sounds normal, but as soon as it kicks back in,
>I can instantly tell something was wrong. The sound is so much richer,
>fuller, and the volume is higher.

> Has anyone encountered this problem? I'm hoping its something simple
>like a loose wire that I can fix quick and easy...

Jon, I have the same problem you speak of 96 SLT 4x4 ext-cab v8 auto-trans
std stereo system. It comes "in" so infrequently that I bare notice, however
I agree, it does sound like a loose wire, or a channel missing or some such
on the RH side of the stereo.

Also, on particular sounds with noticable stereo seperation, I have found that
parts of songs are missing at times, depends upon the FM station I'm tuned
to as well.

Dont know the fix, I plan on getting an Alpine in dash CD player / AM-FM in the
future so I hadn't worried about it too much, although would like to hear from
anyone else that has run across this and fixed it.

 -tim

                                 tims@synopsys.com
                              Synopsys Logic Modeling
             602.468.6900 (Ph) 602.468.9055 (Fax)