Re: "Radio fade"

From: Pan_Chan.IACNET@ngate.med.iacnet.com
Date: Tue Sep 03 1996 - 13:41:21 EDT

> I've got the "plain jane" AM/FM cassette in my '96 Club Cab SLT. (i.e.
>not the infinity system)
> When I'm listening to the radio (FM stations mostly), the sound on the
>right hand side will kind of drop off.

I don't have this problem on my '95 Club Cab SLT, but I do have a problem
w/the "plain jane" cassette player. This is the first cassette player I've ever
had in an auto, so I don't know if this is a common problem w/cheap players.

The player will often, after I hit bumps (even tiny ones), suddenly start to
faintly
or even primarily play the wrong side of the cassette (backwards, of course,
since the tape direction's not changed). Sometimes, there's no sound at all,
even though the tape is still moving along.

It doesn't seem to be a problem w/my cassettes. It seems like the player head
is regularly physically sliding "off track".

Is this something to expect and live with, or do I have a defective
"plain-jane" unit?

Thanks