Re: Hello Dakota Folks

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Fri Sep 06 1996 - 00:45:54 EDT

If I were going to order a truck, I'd go for limited slip, HD suspension,
the bigger tires, the rear anti-roll bar (I've heard it's optional this
year) and maybe the skid plates. The reason I say maybe to the skidplates
is your intended use. If you're going heavy duty off roading, yes, if you
tend to drive, um, rapidly on gravel or dirt roads, at least the
transmission plate.

I built a tranny/transfer case plate for my '92 because I tend to drive
fast enough on county roads (gravel) in Eastern Montana to scare hell out
of the safetycrats and don't want to poke a hole in the gearboxes with
stray rocks thrown off the road.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE