Re: No heat

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Sat Sep 14 1996 - 22:30:13 EDT

On the Magnums ('92's anyway) the base timing is set static by lining up
the rotor with a notch in the distributor switch plate with the engine at
TDC on #1 in compression. Lots of fun! The SBEC then sets the initial
timing at 10 degrees BTDC when the engine is started. The reason they
won't start when the crank position sensor is dead.

Even in Seattle during the fall, winter and spring my Dakota won't get
above 188 F in the 130 mile trip to Vancouver, BC. That's with a good 195
F thermostat too. I may see if I can fit something in front of my
radiator too although with AC there's precious little room.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd LE