RE: No heat

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Sun Sep 15 1996 - 09:23:53 EDT

From: elliott@cyberspace.com@INTERNET on Sun, Sep 15, 1996 2:59 AM

>Even in Seattle during the fall, winter and spring my Dakota won't get
>above 188 F in the 130 mile trip to Vancouver, BC. That's with a good 195
>F thermostat too. I may see if I can fit something in front of my
>radiator too although with AC there's precious little room.

I used to work for the outfit that made thermostats for the big three. A
typical 195 rated thermostat will start to open at 187 degrees. The fact
that you only see 188 in the winter is not unusual for a cooling system that
is sized to accomodate pulling/hauling a load in the summer.

If you can locate a Robertshaw balenced pressure thermostat you may see more
consistent temperatures year round without resorting to blocking the
radiator.

Dave Clement