Tires (was: Introduction & questions)

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 19 1996 - 19:31:50 EDT

I haven't done anything to raise my truck, yet I've mounted 31x10.5-15s on
my stock 6-inch rims with no problem. The tires will rub the frame only at
full lock -- front only.

There's no problem in back - don't know if that's because I have the tow
package with the overload leaf, but I couldn't imagine needing an extra
leaf, even if you could put bigger tires on (you're limited by front-back
clearance to little more than 31 inches).

>I just purchased a white 1995 Dakota Sport 4x4 5-speed
>regular cab short bed with the 3.9L six over Labor Day

I think this configuration would make an excellent off-road outfit. My
Club Cab is limited primarily by the 131" wheelbase.

Enjoy,

Jim
"There is already a ban on ALL CRIME. It is not working." - Thomas Sowell

Gun control: The theory that Black people will be better off
             when only Mark Fuhrman has a gun. -- from Usenet