Re: Introduction & questions

From: Brett Miller (BAMILLER@CSUPomona.Edu)
Date: Thu Sep 19 1996 - 16:16:43 EDT

If the differential info isn't on the hood, its on the diff itself. Look
around the diff cover at the cover screws. There should be a metal tag with
the ratio stamped in it. 3.2= 3.21 to1
                         3.5= 3.55 to1
                         3.9= 3.90 to1

Also, if there is a second tag stamped "SG" then you have a "Sure-Grip" or posi
rear end.

On another note...

I test drove a 97 Dakota Sport, black, V6, handling package, automatic. I
loved the thing, not quite as peppy as my V8, but the thing handled like it was
on rails. It still has a strong tendency towards understeer, but it doesn't
dive as much as the older model under braking. The understeer could probably
be corrected by tapping the brake or using the torque of the V8 to bring the
tail out. My friend placed an order for a 97 Sport, Reg Cab, Black, handling
package, V8, auto... It came to $16K when all was said and done. He should
have it by Jan 97.

Brett Miller
94 Sport V8, Reg Cab, 5spd, 3.55 Sure Grip
14.97 @ 95.4mph STOCK!