Trouble codes

From: craig winnerman (cwinnerman@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 24 1996 - 00:08:06 EDT

I tried getting the trouble codes form my 1992 by turning the key. Turn
the key to the one position. Then off and on and off and on again
within 5 seconds. Wait a couple of seconds and your check engine will
begin to flash. It should flash 8 times pause and 8 times. (88 means
start test.) If you have codes stored it will flash the code numbers.
It will then flash 55 which means end of test. This procedure and the
trouble codes are listed in my owners manuel. When I tried it I only
got the code 55. It never flashed 88 at the beginning.