Improved Performance Low End

From: JLee861054@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 29 1996 - 00:21:16 EDT

I have a 92 Dakota 4X4 Club Cab with the 5.2 Magnum engine, A518 auto trans
with the 4th gear overdrive, and 3.90 factory limited slip differential.

I am setting this truck up to tow a 5000# 5th wheel trailer. I will be very
near the
10,500# CGVW rating for this vehicle. I intend to have a shift kit installed
and
the transmission set up for towing .

        Current Modifications:
                K & N Air Filter
                3" Flow Master CAT back exhaust w/3" tail pipe
                Largest Transmission cooler I could fit onto vehicle
                MoPar performance computer

Although these modifications made a noticeable improvement in performance
I have decided to go back to the stock computer. I read somewhere that the
MoPar performance computer is not recommended for towing, the MoPar
performance computer develops maximum power in the mid to higher RPM
range. For towing I need the power in the low to mid RPM range.

My question and the reason for this post,....... has anyone had experience
with the Crane
Cams advertised in the Barrington Dodge Performance Catalog. They offer a
CompuCam
Model 2020 for the 5.2 engine which is supposed to increase torque in the low
to mid
RPM range.

Has anyone made modifications to improve performance in the low end ????
What modifications ???? What results ???? Any input will be
appreciated.

Thanks: Jack Lee JLee861054@aol.com