Re: MP Computer

From: Michael Clark (mcclark@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 1996 - 04:34:18 EDT

richard_gambino@VNET.IBM.COM wrote:

> Michael,
>
> I have a '96 and I'm interested in the MP computer (don't know
> if it's available yet) but I was wondering if you noticed a
> change in the shift points in the auto, and also if it shifts
> beyond the old redline (4800) at full throttle. Also, does OD
> kick in at a higher speed maybe (I find it annoying that it shifts
> to OD at about 40 MPH).
>
> Rich Gambino
> '96 Club Cab, V-8, auto, 3.55SG

I'm not sure about 96's but I don't think there is a computer for them
yet. The only shift point I notice (I haven't paid real close
attention) is from 1st to 2nd. 1st last a little longer, but not much.
The changes are subtle, kinda hard to put your finger on. Performance
in mid to upper RPM is a little better than with the stock computer.
Also, I don't know if this is in my head or something, but the engine
kinda sounds different in the mid to upper RPM's like when passing a
car. It sounds a little more aggressive to me. Overdrive is the same
as far as I can tell, still kicks in at about 40 mph. As for the old
redline, I can't say yet. When I'm close to the red my eyes are usually
on the road instead of the tach :)

Michael Clark mcclark@ix.netcom.com
93, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
5.2L, 4spd auto, Mopar SBEC, LE, Mark III