Re: Tranny Problems

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 04 1996 - 00:58:16 EDT

I have an interesting note for you manual tranny guys pushing more power than
stock. I have a 95 Sport, 5.2, 5-speed, well over 300 horse, and while
shifting from
1st to 2nd under a load, the tranny stayed in first (rpm ouch). The shift
coupler
that mates the shift lever to the gear change levers (3) busted in half.
Chrysler
ordered the part under warranty (a story within it's self) and the piece was
made out of cheap cast metal. I interviened and had a local machine shop cut
one out of Billet
Steel for under $50. This is the weak link in the tranny especially if you
grind
some gears. Cheap insurance for anyone running good traction. Oh yeah,
Chrysler
informed me that my tranny warranty is voided from now on, imagine that...

Kukukooter,
the heck with the Mustang's go after the ZR-1's!