loose steering column

From: Stephen Pchajek (swpc@gwl.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 07 1996 - 09:14:20 EDT

I had a loose steering column in my 1993 Dakota. I guess it was different
than what I'm hearing here though. I could physically lift the steering
column up and down almost an inch my lifting on the steering wheel. It
didn't cost me $650 to fix though, I just took off a plastic panel covering
the underside of the column and tightened two bolts holding it up. Oh,
another symptom was that the transmission gear indicator was progressively
moving off of the mark as the column lowered.
Stephen W. Pchajek (Steve)
1993 Dodge Dakota Sport
(black, clubcab, V8, AT, 4x4, 3.90, ABS)
bedliner, cap, Command-Start & Alarm, 31x10.5