Re: loose steering column

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Mon Oct 07 1996 - 19:47:16 EDT

>I had a loose steering column in my 1993 Dakota. I guess it was different
>than what I'm hearing here though. I could physically lift the steering
>column up and down almost an inch my lifting on the steering wheel. It
>didn't cost me $650 to fix though, I just took off a plastic panel covering
>the underside of the column and tightened two bolts holding it up. Oh,
>another symptom was that the transmission gear indicator was progressively
>moving off of the mark as the column lowered.
>Stephen W. Pchajek (Steve)
>1993 Dodge Dakota Sport
>(black, clubcab, V8, AT, 4x4, 3.90, ABS)
>bedliner, cap, Command-Start & Alarm, 31x10.5

Steve:

Mine is loose inside the column. I thought it was just the lower linkage
but according to the dealership, its also loose inside the column, which can
only be replaced???
I have checked inside and out and can't find anything loose to tighten. I
can't recreate the problem by moveing the steering linkage under the hood by
hand. I only does it when your moving???

Alan...