engine swap

From: Jim (jbtine@cheney.net)
Date: Mon Oct 07 1996 - 23:16:21 EDT

I have an 87 Dakota short bed with a V-6 and automatic. I need any info on
swapping a 318 F.I. engine and automatic from a 90 full size ram. I have
wiring harness and computer that comes from the donor truck. This engine has
the traditional older block mounts instead of the three bolt side mounts
that the magnum V-8s and all V-6s have. Does anyone know what mounts the 89
shelbys had and have part numbers too. Any info that anyone has would be
greatly appreiciated.

 The 8.75 rearend from a late 60's b body should be a good swap to handle
the power as well as ease of gear changes. Has anyone done this swap?

Jim Barentine
87 Dakota short bed
Slotted police wheeles painted blue to match truck
small hubcaps