Windshield Replacement (was; Mileage)

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 1996 - 07:23:49 EDT

From: stei0302@penny.cs.fredonia.edu@INTERNET on Wed, Oct 9, 1996 12:25 AM

> My windshield needs to be replaced too. :P It got hit at the very top
>by a small rock (from a cement truck, I think). That created a chip, but
>after being parked in a hot parking lot all day, the chip developed into
>a crack about a foot and a half long. :P Interesting note: When I
>called the dealership to price a new windshield, they said they don't
>do them! I have to go to a 3rd party glass place! How silly of me to
>think that the dealership would handle OEM parts for the vehicles it
>sells! :P

I would never consider the dealer for a windshield replacement. In my area
they glass shops will come to your home or work place and do it on the spot.
They even handle all the paper work with the insurance company so you do not
even need to contact them.

I have had good luck with J.N.Phillips Glass (I believe they are national).
A guy here at work had a leak almost a year after they installed the
windshield and they came out pulled and resealed the windshield not
questions asked.

Dave Clement