Windshield replacement (was mileage)

From: KEVIN DUNCAN (KEVIN.DUNCAN@mail.mei.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 1996 - 10:23:29 EDT

I've had to replace windshields in a couple of used cars over the years,
but I've always called my insurance agent first (State Farm). My policy
includes windshield replacement, and I DON'T PAY A DEDUCTABLE! The
agent has a contract with a glass company, and they come to the
car...they even replaced a windshield in the parking lot while I was at
work :)

Kevin
94 Magnum V6 Club Cab

>My windshield needs to be replaced too. :P It got hit at the very top
>by a small rock (from a cement truck, I think). That created a chip, but
>after being parked in a hot parking lot all day, the chip developed into
>a crack about a foot and a half long. :P Interesting note: When I
>called the dealership to price a new windshield, they said they don't
>do them! I have to go to a 3rd party glass place! How silly of me to
>think that the dealership would handle OEM parts for the vehicles it
>sells! :P

                                              -Jon-

| Jon Steiger: DoD# 1038, EAA #518210, USUA# A46209, NMA# 117376,
KotWitDoDFAQ |
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ |
| '96 Dakota SLT V-8 Club Cab, '91 FZR600R /* Just another mangy
hacker */ |