Re: Engine Swap

From: James Babcock (james.a.babcock@relay.adn.alcatel.com)
Date: Wed Oct 09 1996 - 10:03:38 EDT

Jack-

I don't know about how the 360 will bolt up, but the hp and
torque ratings of the two motors are quite similar:

318: 220 hp 300 lb-ft 3200 rpm
360: 230 hp 330 lb-ft 3000 rpm

Looks good for towing, or drag racing but wouldn't make the
truck have any faster top speed.
See http://www.4adodge.com/ram/strength/engines.html for more
information.

-Jim.