Y pipe

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Thu Oct 10 1996 - 02:55:00 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

>I agree that from looking under the truck the Y pipe is kinda puny
>looking crossing from the driver side header to the passenger side. How
>much did the shop charge you for the custom Y pipe? And was it a local
>shop or a national chain like midas?

A local muffler shop in Northern California charged me $250 cash (didn't
have much time or patience to shop around) for the custom Y-pipe which
included materials (9 separate 2" mandrel pieces welded together and the 3"
pipe from the cat to the muffler) , tax and labor. I called five local
shops who didn't want anything to do with it. If you explain that you will
be retaining the oxygen sensor they might be less reluctant to invite you to
their shop to take a look at your truck.

Nelson Sendino