Re: Re:windshield

From: Mark Jones (mjones@ngl.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 10 1996 - 07:43:22 EDT

> Awhile back, there were many discussions regarding wind noise. I have
> noticed some wind noise coming, it seems, from the top-center area of the
> windshiled. There are no leaks (water, anyway) that I have noticed. The
> noise starts around 40 mph., and when the radio is turned to a lower
volume.
> Is my problem the same as yours? Anyone else's? Might a bug-deflector
help?

> -Buddy

It sounds the same. After the glass place installed the windshield there
was still a wind noise on the passenger side. As we drove along my wife
would try to feel for a draft (wind, not beer) but couldn't find one. But
at the point of the noise if she pushed on the windshield, the wind noise
got a bit louder. I took it back to the glass shop and the put a small
bead of goop on the inside and it solved the wind problem. I find the guys
at the glass shop very accomodating.

I don't think a bug-deflector will help the wind noise, but my keeps bugs
from hitting the wind shield at my line of vision.

Regarding star chips i the windshield, the $20 cost is covered by my
comprehensive insurance (State Farm). It is cheaper for the insurance
company to fix a chip than to replace the windshield.

Mark

22 mpg highway, V6 SLT club 4x4