Re: tires

From: Lori-anne Gay (lagay@ngl.ca)
Date: Thu Oct 10 1996 - 14:17:50 EDT

> As for tires, I looked around on rec.autos.4x4 and got the
> impression that BF Goodrich is the brand to get. Any
> experience or other suggestions? Right now, I'm leaning
> toward the radial mud terrains over the radial all terrains. The
> truck spends the vast majority of its time as a car, but if the
> tires keep me from getting stuck once it's worth a little extra
> noise and lower fuel mileage. My biggest concern is that I
> don't know how they compare in terms of treadwear.
>
> Thanks in advance for any advice. (If you made it this far,
> thanks for reading my long-winded message.)
>
> -- Jason

I bought a set of Bridgestone Dullers LTs at Sears about a month ago. My
wife had it in the mud up to the rims the next day (typical) and said there
was no problem with traction. I check around and ther was a big difference
in price between BFG and Bridgestones, also the tires were 15% at Sears
($109 CDN each, installed, bal), therefore the price was definitely right.

Mark