Re: Various questions

From: Schelling, Paul M (SchellinPM@corning.com)
Date: Mon Oct 14 1996 - 12:23:00 EDT

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 Pan_Chan@iacnet.com wrote:
> - Does anyone recommend a storage/tool-box for the Dakota? I'm looking at
this
> plastic Contico model for mini pickups except that it comes w/special
brackets
> just for the Dakota to make it wider. These brackets add an extra $60 to the
> price (for a total of $160).

I use a Rubbermaid storage box that fits with room to spare inside the
bed, its top flush with the top of the bed. To keep it put back there,
I bolted four rubber bumpers as feet on the bottom of the box - the feet
fit between the ridges in the bedliner.

pros: very easy to take the box out when you need more room in the bed,
stays put, pretty much invisible from outside the truck preserving its
"lines", cheap, pretty darn weathertight.

cons: probably not as much room inside the box as most other systems,
can't slide stuff underneath the box 'cause it sits on the bottom of the
bed instead of hanging from the bedrails, easily stolen (though the lid
is lockable).