RE: Axles & tires

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 14 1996 - 13:41:03 EDT

Dave Clement writes:
>Dakota on the beach in soft sand with Wrangler 235/75's all year without
>airing down the tires or having any problems with flotation. The previous

True, and I never got stuck in sand alone. I did bang up the front x-member,
and hang the truck up once on a partly submerged rock. Essentially, I had
about half the hard-surface ground clearance. Airing down to 12-15 psi ADDS
about an inch of clearance in deep sand (stock tires). The 31-10.5s add about
2-3 inches without airing down.

Jim

'Give me your motor-voter, your scared senior, your lifelong welfare
recipient, your generally misinformed, your undereducated, your envious,
your dissatisfied-with-life, your lover-of-failed-policies past, your
Hollywood contacts, your Tyson Foods employee, your Clinton has made
interest rates go down believer, your tax lover...I need that vote'
                        Billary '96