RE: Axles & tires

From: Jane V Elliott (elliott@cyberspace.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 1996 - 01:31:56 EDT

I'd be willing to bet you'd cause some sort of siezure in a tire company
engineer with talk of airing a P tire down to 12 to 15 psi. They'd
probably have a fit with airing an LT down to those pressures too, but if
you drive slow enough and don't poke something through a sidewall of the
tire you'll be okay.

Motorcycle trials tires run at 4 psi or less, BTW, and can stand some
fairly good thumps and speed with the right bead locks.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE