Sending pictures to the list

From: Actor Troy McClure (scottv@fullfeed.msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 1996 - 03:59:38 EDT

Dakota fans:

>>A lot of mailers these days can handle .BMP files, etc. I find them to
>>be
>>a great way to communicate something not easily expressed in words
>>(one picture speaks a thous... etc.). So my question is: What is the
>>largest
>>attached file size that can be sent without p**sing too many people off?
>>

>The way to do it is to offer to send the file to those with the interest and
>or capability of handling it.
>If someone wants it, send it to them.
>If they don't want it or can't handle it they won't request the file.
>This is true of .BMP files or any attachments.

We've hashed through this topic many times on the other list that I
read: the f-body-classic list (Camaros and Firebirds). It bothers
the guys on that list just as much as the people who have spoken up
here.

On the f-body-classic list, I have offered to host any pictures that
people want everyone to see but are too large to send to the list.
The same offer is extended to the Dakota list: If you have pictures
of your truck or some technical diagram that you want to share with
the list, please feel free to uuencode it and mail it to me. I'll
add it to my web page and then the people who want to view it can
check it out.

my web page is at:
http://www.msn.fullfeed.com/~scottv/

My page is currently very heavy in Chevy content (due to my interest
in early Camaros) but will add Dakota related pics as I encounter
them.

If you have questions on transferring the pictures to me, email me
privately and I'll try to help you out.

-Scott Vieth
'68 Camaro Rally Sport 327/PG (check it out on my web page! :^) )