Everybody shake hands...

From: Ken L Mansfield (KMansfie@compucom.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 1996 - 01:50:57 EDT

Hey, Guys!!!

Sorry to be gone so long, I've been very busy...my employer (computer
technology company servicing Fortune 1000 companies) has grown from
1400 people to over 3700 in about 16 months. Fun, fun, fun.

Dick, lighten up! I dispise vulgarity, profanity, immorality, and a bunch of
other evil "-ity's " that dominiate this world...but I must say, I threw my
head back and laughed when I read Mr. Allen's response to Mr. Elliott's
question. I don't know how many emails I've read on this thread, but Mr.
Elliott's name continues to appear as a major contributor and I think I know
a little about his sense of humor...he laughed, too.

What IS p**ing me off, to coin a phrase, is people that become indignant at
the least, little verbal atrocity tossed their way. Kinda like "...you dissin'
me? Bang, you're dead!"

Did you know that, today, in Dallas, a high school student was in court,
defending himself against another student who filed charges against him
for calling her a "fat cow?" Pretty soon, we won't even be allowed to go
out to the farm and call a fat cow "fat cow!"

We must all attempt to live together while still expressing our
personalities...that is why our founding fathers wrote a constitution that
recognized our right to associate with any group we desired--Christians,
Nazis, Republicans, Democrats, doctors, lawyers, outdoorsmen,
wacko-environmentalists, etc. I respect that right and will stand in the
gap with others who do..yes, even <ack> the Civil Liberties crowd.

Well, my minute is up...stay on the thread, Dick, keep reading and,
by all means, keep talking.

Bob, use some discretion in your verbage. This list is growing rapidly and
new folks are coming on all the time.

And, please, everybody, USE YOUR SPELL CHECKER!!!

klm

PS. I liked the bmp...had no idea how big it was...came over perfectly. In
fact, 7 days' worth of mail was only 750 kb (Groupwise sure can
compress data!). Besides, good 28.8 modems can be had for just over
$100.
++++++++++++++++++++

>>> dick mellon <dmell@voyager.net> 10/12/96 08:47am >>>
This kind of post and unsolisted attached files LIKE bmp are pissing me
off. This is why people are quiting Dakota Net. Flame if neccessary!
Count me one step from UNSUBCRIBE.
     BYE

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Robert Allen wrote:

> Jane V Elliott wrote:
> >
> > Where do you get a 4 wire 02 sensor for $30? In Seattle I was
quoted $70
> > at a parts house for a "universal" and $65 at the dealer for original
> > equipment.
> >
> > Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE
>
> Picky, picky, picky!!
> a) I didn't know if his year had 2-wire or 4-wire.
> b) I've only bought a 2-wire. I only knew 4-wires were more.
> c) Flashlight $10, Chain Link cutter $20, Midnight Dealer visit $0
> d) Bite me.
>
> Bob Allen, Kansas City, 96 RC/SWB 2WD V8 Auto Sport

attached mail follows: