Subwoofer

From: Glenn S. Wiltse (iggy@merit.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 21 1996 - 13:12:25 EDT

   Well I recently purchased a 8" Kicker Solobaric subwoofer. This speaker
goes in a enclosure space of .33 cubic feet. The tool compartment in
the back of a 96 Dakota extended cab on the drivers side, is .47 cubic feet.
I cut out a couple peices of partical board that fits the contours of
the bottom of that compartment, and blocked off the excess space. I used
a 5/8 inch thick peice of particle board for a top. I throughly sealed
all peices of this box with liquid nails and tons of sheet metal screws.
I hooked this up to a RockfordFosgate 40x2 Punch amplifier...
 The grile and speaker are sitting up a little higher then I had thought
they might, and the back seat doesn't sit very well right at the moment...
I am still working on this minor detail, I am confident I can make it
better then it is now and make this installation rather clean...

    The sound is great...