RE: '93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package. Bolt-on Performance Options?

From: Dave Clement-LDC009 (Dave_Clement-LDC009@email.mot.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 1996 - 15:12:02 EDT

From: wademintz@randomc.com@INTERNET on Mon, Oct 21, 1996 12:46 P

>Has anyone any experience with MSD ignitions or JET Performance Chip
>upgrades? If so, what can I expect (price/performance/difficulty in
>installation...). Any other recommendations of BOLT-ON Performance
>would be appreciated.

I would stay with the Mopar Peformance Computer. There seems to be a
concensus on the Mopar Mailing List that the MSD box is better than Jacobs
box (more reliable).

>I've noticed that I have a lot of VALVE/LIFTER noise. A local tune-up
>mechanic says that this is normal in MOPAR engines? Any input on that?

I have an 89 3.9l v6 with 201,000 miles and it makes no lifter noise. As far
as I am concerned if you have VALVE/LIFTER noise either the lifters are shot,
 rockers are worn or valve guides are worn.

Dave Clement
89 4x4 LE