Re: '93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package. Bolt-on Performance Options?

From: Wade Mintz (wademintz@randomc.com)
Date: Tue Oct 22 1996 - 09:35:38 EDT

>Hey Wade,
>Welcome to this great sight. Great choice of vehicle. Did you get it
>at Marietta Dodge or in Canton? I am right down the road from you by
>Sprayberry High School. Let me know if I can be af any help. I just
>traded my 1988 Chevy S-10 for a 1992 Dakota Club Cab V-8. I wish I had
>the tow PKG. Let me know what you find out about the lifters.
>
>Craig

Hey Homey!

I actually am the 2nd owner. The original owner purchased it at
Marietta, Dodge. I traded my vehichle for it at Cobb County Toyota
(Town Center...).

So far, how do you like the Dakota? I have a standard cab, and wish I
had "shopped" a bit more for the Club Cab, although, I'm getting ready
to pull the toolbox off and add a LEER Camper with a bed-rug. This is
of course after I establish that there is no engine problem associated
with the "Lifter / MPI / whatever" noise.

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996 00:44:21 -0400, you wrote:

>Wade Mintz wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys.
>>
>> I recently traded my 1988 Nissan Pathfinder for a '93 Dodge Dakota
>> Sport. It's Plymouth metal-flake green with the "Dakota Sport" script
>> on the doors. It has the 3.9 V6 Magnum Engine / MPFI and an automatic
>> tranny with OD towing package.
>>
>> I really like the peppy-ness of the V6, BUT... I'd really like to
>> improve it's performance and gas mileage.
>>
>> Has anyone any experience with MSD ignitions or JET Performance Chip
>> upgrades? If so, what can I expect (price/performance/difficulty in
>> installation...). Any other recommendations of BOLT-ON Performance
>> would be appreciated.
>>
>> Also,
>> I've noticed that I have a lot of VALVE/LIFTER noise. A local tune-up
>> mechanic says that this is normal in MOPAR engines? Any input on that?
>>
>> Would someone repost the message-stream regarding the OBD-2
>> procedures? I came in late on the list-server and would like to know
>> how to activated and interpret it.
>>
>> Wade
>> ~~Mintz Computer Services~~
>> ~~3595 Canton Road~~