Re: '93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package. Bolt-on Performance Options?

From: winnerman (winnerman@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:44:21 EDT

Wade Mintz wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> I recently traded my 1988 Nissan Pathfinder for a '93 Dodge Dakota
> Sport. It's Plymouth metal-flake green with the "Dakota Sport" script
> on the doors. It has the 3.9 V6 Magnum Engine / MPFI and an automatic
> tranny with OD towing package.
>
> I really like the peppy-ness of the V6, BUT... I'd really like to
> improve it's performance and gas mileage.
>
> Has anyone any experience with MSD ignitions or JET Performance Chip
> upgrades? If so, what can I expect (price/performance/difficulty in
> installation...). Any other recommendations of BOLT-ON Performance
> would be appreciated.
>
> Also,
> I've noticed that I have a lot of VALVE/LIFTER noise. A local tune-up
> mechanic says that this is normal in MOPAR engines? Any input on that?
>
> Would someone repost the message-stream regarding the OBD-2
> procedures? I came in late on the list-server and would like to know
> how to activated and interpret it.
>
> Wade
> ~~Mintz Computer Services~~
> ~~3595 Canton Road~~
> ~~Suite A9179~~
> ~~Marietta, GA 30066~~
Hey Wade,
Welcome to this great sight. Great choice of vehicle. Did you get it
at Marietta Dodge or in Canton? I am right down the road from you by
Sprayberry High School. Let me know if I can be af any help. I just
traded my 1988 Chevy S-10 for a 1992 Dakota Club Cab V-8. I wish I had
the tow PKG. Let me know what you find out about the lifters.

Craig