Re: '93 Dakota Sport 3.9V-6 Magnum Auto w/ Tow Package. Bolt-on Performance Opti

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Thu Oct 24 1996 - 08:25:30 EDT

If you run the MOPAR SBEC (computer), cat-back exhaust and
a dual snorkle air cleaner with ram air and a K&N element, you will
get your 10%. The computer is anywhere from $130 to $180 with a
$100 core charge. Exhaust is from $80 to $300 with the K&N around
$40. If you can keep your foot out of it, your gas mileage will go up
to at least 20mpg. The computer will sample and program it's EPROMS (20)
to your driving. This takes a week of driving to taylor it. My truck loses
.30 tenths at the strip when my wife has been driving it previously then
gains it back when I have been leadfootin it around town. The fuel injector
pulse width opens back up. As for the "lifter noise" if it is truly the
lifters,
R2'em , I attached a file to John you guys can download if you decide to
swap
them yourself. Make sure it's not just noisy injectors though. I run the HI-6
to burn the excess
fuel I'm pumping into the motor now, and pass emissions with flying colors...
Kuk