Snake Oil

From: Bryan M. Harper (bharper@xtdl.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 1996 - 20:55:23 EST

>I am looking for advice on the utility of products such as Slick 50.

I've heard many sides to these stories, and have a friend who used
duralube, and at 30K, he burns a quart of oil every 3K.

on the other hand, my father used slick 50 (once every 50K) since 1989,
when his car (Ford Station Wagon!)was new and with regular oil changes
with Quaker State every 5,000 (I still can't convince him to do it every
3,000!) has worked great. Just with 90 K on the car, the engine (Ford V8)
had to be taken apart and the mechanic couldn't believe the engine. He
said that it looked like it had less than 20,000 miles worth of wear on it,
and now at 200,000 is still goin strong, burning no oil. (Not bad for a
ford!)

there are more stories, but those are the best ones, and I'm not saying
that slick 50 is the best, and duralube is the worst, but you can probably
figure out which one I'm going to use!

Bryan Harper
93' LE 4X4 Auto 5.2

                \\|//
                (o o)
~ Bryan Harper ~
~ bharper@xtdl.com ~
~ http://www.xtdl.com/~bharper ~
                      || ||
                 || ||
                (__)(__)

-If quiters never win, and winners never cheat, then
 who is the fool who said "Quit while you're ahead"?