[Fwd: Re: low oil pressure]

From: Paul Stoehr (pstair@peaka.net)
Date: Tue Oct 29 1996 - 04:27:20 EST

attached mail follows:

00gtomo@bsuvc.bsu.edu wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for the tip and I also noticed that you have k&n w/custom
> exhaust. What exactly is the custom exhaust made up of? How does it sound?
> About how much $ (if you don't mind me asking?)? Thanks again for the tip.
>
> Gregg Omo
> 92 3.9Hi Gregg,
When I bought my new '92, I promptly took it down to a local exhaust shop
in my area and had them install the largest diameter pipe from the cat back
and put in a glasspack. It definately sounds better than the stock exhaust and
the truck runs a bit cooler than it did before. Hard to say whether there was
any horsepower increase but it does run better at high altitude. I live near the
Rocky Mtns and spend a lot of my free time hunting, fishing, and camping in the
high country. You might try the K&N air filter, as well. I followed the thread
awhile back concerning aftermarket air filters and decided to try the K&N.
I bought the filter and a chrome filter housing to put it in (looks great) and
removed all the stock filter stuff. Cleans up the engine compartment and the
chrome cleaner really looks sharp! Once again, the K&N helps at high altitude.
At 10,000+ feet, that 3.9 needs all the air it can get! I just went in for the
state emissions inspection, they didn't say anything about the non-stock filter,
and the truck passed with flying colors.
                                        Paul

gun toting Republican, and still proud of it...