cold weather shift problems...

From: Paul Stoehr (pstair@peaka.net)
Date: Thu Oct 31 1996 - 04:29:05 EST

Howdy all,
My '92 Dakota with 5 speed tranny is difficult to shift
now that the weather is cooling off in Colorado (20s &
30s at night). I had the tranny, transfer case, and
diffs fluid changed in early Spring and experienced
no problems 'til the last month or so. Once the vehicle
warms up after several miles of driving, it shifts okay,
so I figure it's time to change the lubricant selection.
Unfortunately, the owner's manual is as clear as mud.
It mentions two different manual transmissions, the
NP-2500 and the AX-15.
How can I tell which tranny my truck has?
The lubricants listed are very different for each application.
It does mention to change to a Mopar ATF Plus in the
NP-2500 tranny for cold weather operation, but I'm not sure
that's the tranny in my truck.
Anybody have any experience with this?
Thanx much in advance.... Paul