Re: Dakota recalls..

From: Paul Caldwell (caldwell@anet-stl.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 1996 - 13:03:33 EST

Sam wrote:

> was interested in the steering wheel (back) recall for Dakota's.
> I had a large set of keys on my keyring the other day, and while doing
> a U-turn, one of the keys got stuck in the back of the steering wheel!
> I actually BENT a key to get the darn wheel straightened out. I
> mentioned it to the dealer, but he said there isn't a recall on the '95
> Dakota's, but there is on the '94's!!!
>
> Anyone else have this problem??? It is VERY scary when it happens.
>

> ...Sam '95 SLT
I got the recall notice for my 94 Dak. I only have two keys on my
keyring (I don't own too many things) so I ignored that recall. I can
imagine having your keys stuck in the wheel can be "Tense". I'd mention
it to the dealer again. Tell him if he can't do anything for you,
you'll trade it in on a Nissan :)

--
Paul Caldwell
caldwell@anet-stl.com