Re: dakota front brakes

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 04 1996 - 18:04:57 EST

Well, I picked up NAPA's lifetime warranty premium pads for $50, and
the rotors from Auto Club were expensive ($60-$70 ea) but a lot cheaper
than from the dealer. I've had to replace the NAPA pads only once, in
about 40K miles, where the stock pads lasted less than 20K. The NAPA
pads don't groove the rotors as bad, stop better in wet -- but they
don't stop as fast dry.

Install is not great hassle. The pads are unique right and left. You
will need a very large C-clamp to compress the piston (and don't
forget to drain the reservoir first!).

Above appiles to '93 4x4.

Jim

Subvert the Dominant Paradigm, Vote Republican!