Re: 1997 Dodge Dakota trucks

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 10:19:16 EST

> And of course, 4x4 is a necessity!

  Please elaborate. Why is 4x4 a necessity? It's a very expensive
option, and it seems that very few people REALLY need it. I'm sure
it's very nice to have in snow, sand, or offroad, but unless you
intend on encountering these conditions often, it just might be
overkill. 4x4 maintenance is more expensive, and there's the
extra weight to consider.

> I decided that the extra KaHonAs with the v8 were well worth it.

  Now that's flawless reasoning! I agree completely. That option
was $500 well spent, although the dude in the Nissan 300zx I blew
away on the drive in to work might disagree.

  Ron "'95 4x2 SLT Extended Cab V8" Rader