1997 Dodge Dakota trucks

From: Bryan M. Harper (bharper@xtdl.com)
Date: Wed Nov 06 1996 - 18:42:26 EST

>From: Alpine@ins.tec.mn.us
>Date: Wed, 6 Nov 96 11:17:34 EST
>Subject: 1997 Dodge Dakota trucks
>To: dakota@csclub0.cs.fredonia.edu
>

>Hello everyone, I am a first time new car buyer. I have picked the new
dodge >dakota as my choice.
And what a great choice you have made!

>I wish to learn everything I can about this truck before I make the purchase.
You Wrote to the right place!

>I am also looking for the best price. I am looking at the ext.cab, 4x4,
>manual trans. power windows and locks, air, and cruise.
Well, unfortunately, the 4X4 Extended cab is one of the most expensive of
the Dakota Class, but if that is what you must have, than by all means get
it. I would think twice before switching to a non extended cab due to the
lack of space. It is hard to carry more than a gallon of milk without an
extended cab. And of course, 4x4 is a necessity! You can get manual, air
and cruise as part of the SLT package (you did say '97, right?) and dodge
usually gives a rebate for this package, making it free! The power locks,
and windows you will end up paying for, though.

>Those are the most inportant to me. The engine size has to some what
powerful >but good gas miliage is a must for the truck will be used as a
service >vehical.
The engine that is standard is the 3.9L v6, and that is decent sized for a
midsize pickup. The 5.2L v8 is much more powerful, and as many people on
this mailing list will tell you, can outrun many cars on the market today.
THe downfall of the big engine is that with a v8, I am barley getting 14
mpg city. The truck is rated 13 city, 17 highway, and the v6 is rated 14
to 18. Since I don't have a v6, I can't comment on the milage, but for me,
I decided that the extra KaHonAs with the v8 were well worth it.

Hope that some of this has helped in your decision about your new dakota.
Keep us informed what you buy. HAPPY TRUCKING

Bryan Harper

'93 4x4 Auto LE 5.2 Ext. Cab

                \\|//
                (o o)
~ Bryan Harper ~
~ bharper@xtdl.com ~
~ http://www.xtdl.com/~bharper ~
                      || ||
                 || ||
                (__)(__)

-If quiters never win, and winners never cheat, then
 who is the fool who said "Quit while you're ahead"?