Re: Improving performance

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 07 1996 - 20:45:14 EST

So far, I've got 0 leads on fiberglass hoods for the Dak. I have a fiberglass
hood scoop on a steel hood (see our group pictures), not a good combination
for paint.
I lightened my truck to 3350 by installing a fiberglass rear roll pan,
removing
the spare tire and brackets, and removing my sway bar and it's brackets.
Suprizingly, the truck still handles well, and the front end comes way up in
the
air, planting the rear tires much, much better. I am addressing performance,
not
handling. Power could be a start with the basic Dak recipe:
Computer, cat-back exhaust, K&N intake set up and good gears with a posi.
It get's more diverse from there with hundreds of parts available.
Kuk