Re: 4x4 necessity -Reply

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Fri Nov 08 1996 - 21:45:25 EST

A funny story (I think so anyway). Going to Vancouver, BC, one Saturday
morning I hit the TransCanada about 15 miles E of Van and it was clogged
because of a little snow, maybe 2 or 3 inches. Took a side road in 4WD
and was chugging along going west hoping I could find a way to get across
the Fraser River. Went down a pretty good sized dip, maybe a quarter mile
down and right back up with maybe a 6% grade, and noticed a white car
trying to get out of the hole going my way. Got closer and noticed the
RCMP/GRDC on the trunk. The driver was spinning the tires until the right
rear got down through the snow and hit the gravel on the shoulder which
gave a little squirt up the hill about 2 or 3 ft. When I passed I gave
the woman officer a nice big 'merrycan grin and went on up the hill. She
was totally unimpressed! Fortunately she was completely occupied.

Larry Elliott, '92, 3.9, 4x4, 5 sp'd, LE