Re: 4wd vs. 2wd

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 10 1996 - 14:19:04 EST

>I may *never* slip my Dakota in 4wd but I guarantee that when I put it up
>for sale, people will find the truck more attractive.

Scott, you might want to exercise the transfer case a bit so the synchros
in it don't freeze up. It would sell better if it's broken in enough that
it pops right into and out of 4wd.

I know when I got my truck it was just a little tight getting into 4H, but
I really had to wrestle to get it into 4L. Now that it's fully broken in,
it slips into and out of 4H with a fingertip, and into 4L with just a push
(and good timing). BTW, the 4H-4L shift is nigh on impossible except in
Neutral with the truck stopped.

Jim

"There is already a ban on ALL CRIME. It is not working." - Thomas Sowell