Re: 1997 Dakota's

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 1996 - 23:26:19 EST

attached mail follows:

> Can't understand why the '97's gas mileage should be any worse than the
> earlier Magnum engines Dakotas given similar gearing and equipment.

Like Larry, I can't speak for a 97, but pre-97s are quieter than most
other trucks, except full-size. I've ridden in Rangers, S-10s, Nissans,
Mazdas, etc.

As for mileage, compare it to trucks of similar engine size. With a 90
V6 Auto, Club Cab, 4X2, I consistently got 17MPG, up to 20 on highway.
With a 93 V8 Auto, Club Cab, 4X2, I consistently got 15MPG, 17 or so on
highway. I have a lead foot so I imagine my MPG may be worse than
most.

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com